Friday, March 1, 2019

Hello world!


Hello world! I'm starting this blog as a requirement for the Alan Alda Center for Science Communication course I am taking this semester, Spring 2019, called JRN 504 Communicating Science Using Digital Media. It will run for 5 weeks; March 4th-April 8th (you're right, you can count and that's 6 weeks, because there is spring break in the middle there). 

I will be posting blog posts and assignments as required by the course. But I will also likely post additional blog posts of my own accord. I will specify which category they fall into. This post is one of my own accord because I felt like I should have an intro. So, here we go:

Hi! I'm Caitlyn. I graduated from Minnesota State University, Mankato in 2013 with a B.S. in Human Biology and Psychology with a minor in Chemistry. Post-graduation, I worked in Quality Control at Coloplast (a medical manufacturing company) and as a Research Assistant for the Behavioral Medicine division of Psychiatry at Columbia University. I am now a Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology Ph.D. student under the guidance of Dr. Daniel Bogenhagen at Stony Brook University; where I study RNA processing in the mitochondria. Outside of lab, I enjoy running, yoga and watching hockey. At least I used to enjoy watching hockey, I haven't exactly had as much time to do so since I've started grad school. I am not even sure I know how my team is doing. Jk, I know they aren't doing so hot. But either way go Minnesota Wild!

This is me running!

P.S. If you're interested in other blogs being maintained for this course, here are the links to my classmates' blogs:
Fun with Science (blog since deleted)
The Mysterious Neutrino (blog since deleted)
Brainy Mood (invitation needed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look what I found

And old blog of mine. Is writing about this meta? I guess it doesn't matter. Be prepared for this to just be a bunch of discombobula...