Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Look what I found

And old blog of mine.

Is writing about this meta? I guess it doesn't matter.

Be prepared for this to just be a bunch of discombobulated thoughts or should I say candid cerebrations (that joke probably would land better if you new that was the title of my old blog but you probably don't and also even if you did this joke would still suck but I've never shied away from a bad joke before and I am not going to start now).

Anyway, it might be shocking to hear but this isn't my first blog. I have tried blogging a few times before. I think my first blog might have been LiveJournal in high school or if not then early college.

(So why am I so bad at blogging? Shut up!)

Blogging to me has always been kind of like journaling, which I have done my entire life, but you also (supposedly) have an audience which gives you the ability to write more, to share, to interact.

So should I get to the point already and share my old blog?

I will but first let me give it some context. The blog I found is from when I first moved from Minnesota to New York City and before I went to graduate school. My posts are shorter in general, more photos, there is more creative writing (oh how I miss that), posts on dating and some on running. I guess that's enough context...

Here it is if you want to check it out: https://candidcerebrations.wordpress.com/

If not, your loss. Not really. But I do appreciate all who do take the time to read through it.

It was really fun to scroll through and remember and reflect. Nostalgia is one of those things you don't even know you need until you experience it and it's just such a pure, wholesome feeling.

Now I am kind of kicking myself for destroying many of my old journals. But maybe I shouldn't because I think they were mostly just me bitching. I remember I wrote a post once about why I usually get rid of them but I think that is in one of the lost blogs. And I don't really remember the reasons. Something like they were overly negative and hauling them around moving is a pain in the ass? I guess it's not that important if I don't remember.

Anyway...

Some of my favorite posts in my blast from the past are from November 2014 but they don't have titles... Like why? Did I think that was cool or artsy or something? One is a poem I wrote that I really love and had totally forgotten about although I'm sure I have it saved someone, one is an image with a motivational saying on it - really you can take it or leave it, and the other is a post about how this dude overstayed his welcome in my bed and I can really remember that. Well not really him but how annoyed I felt that he was still there.
To get to November 2014: https://candidcerebrations.wordpress.com/2014/11/

So why the name Candid Cerebrations? Because that was exactly what I wanted the blog to encompass. And I think it did. Also (and mostly) because it's a play on my initials CC.

And I think that is what I want to also try to encompass here on this blog too.  But with longer posts because some of those could have and should have just been tweets.

Can I repost some of the posts from there to here? Like I know I can but like is that okay?

Also I really should probably figure out how to log into it and update it to send people here and not that broken url to a domain I no longer have. I'm a bit sad to realize I completely lost what was on my own domain because I never backed it up. Oh past me with such little regard for saving stuff. Oh well...

Hmmm, I wonder if I have any other old blogs lying around...

P.S. If you do check out my old blog, please let me know which posts you liked or did not like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look what I found

And old blog of mine. Is writing about this meta? I guess it doesn't matter. Be prepared for this to just be a bunch of discombobula...