Monday, May 4, 2020

[Attempt to] WFH Day 48

Last week went by in a blur. And not in a good way blur. More in a I've lost sense of time and meaning way blur. Is anyone else feeling that way? I had been doing fine most of this pandemic so why now? I hope it's just a blip.

I think it started okay because I remember on Day 42 aka Tuesday, April 28th I went for a midweek hike with M which was really nice to do. Started my week off strong but then I guess it fell apart. My sleep has been messed up. I've just been very tired and sleeping late which throws my productivity out the window but I'm also just not feeling like fighting it. What's the point?

Day 44 aka Thursday, April 30th I had a student meeting which was mostly unhelpful but my program director said he doesn't think we'll be back on the 15th which put me a bit at ease. It's not that I don't want to go back to lab. I really do. I just want to be mentally prepared for it and by that I mean given sufficient notice on when and how exactly it's going to happen. But I have a feeling that is too much to ask for. Who knows when we'll return or how. Will it be staggered? Most of my experiments at this time involve long days and consecutive days, will that even be possible right away? Just so much unknown.

Saturday Day 46 I went on my regular couple hour hike with M. We even ran 5k. It was a gorgeous 70F day. I tried recapitulating it Sunday Day 47 with Dom but he's a chore as always. I convinced him to go to a local preserve by his parents since he had to pick something up but it was too crowded which I kind of figured it would be but he told me I didn't know what I was talking about. We walked for like 10 minutes and left which was fine, it really was too crowed. But instead of trying somewhere else or taking me up on the idea of a walk around the neighborhood or hanging out in our parking lot (an idea he previously seemed keen on) he decided to just cancel it. It was a bummer because I took off all weekend to enjoy the weather and Sunday was just a let down but the worst part was I didn't expect it to be anything but. I knew I should have made alternative plans to take myself out on my own hike but I made the mistake again of giving him a chance.

Not feeling great today so I'm taking it easy. But hoping to have a better week this week by getting up at an earlier time and getting back on a schedule. My final project for my one class is due Friday at 5pm so I need to GSD (get shit done). Also it's a sunnier week so hopefully that will help with the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look what I found

And old blog of mine. Is writing about this meta? I guess it doesn't matter. Be prepared for this to just be a bunch of discombobula...